Friday 16 October 2009

Friday 16 October 2009

I see The Ghost this morning. As I pass him I wave but don’t hang around for his response.

I made a mistake last night by staying up so late and now I am paying for it. That was stupid.

The train is completely dead today. At Chelmsford only two people get on our carriage, which is something I have never seen before. This truly is a golden age.

Today the train subtly smells of perfume and as a result it reminds me of better, earlier times in my life. It makes me feel young.

Eventually the train pulls into Liverpool Street at 8.04AM, which I expect is now a sentence you are as bored of reading as I am as bored of typing/writing. As I exit the train I notice the Obama lookalike. Was this the president’s train?

In comparison to the train the tube feels fucking disgusting this morning filled with disgusting people getting in my way and making life uncomfortable. The world no longer smells of perfume.

Today is a good day. The September accounts on the existing company are now done and dusted, completed much ahead of schedule and now I am tearing into the second quarter of the new company’s accounts. I have casually been asked if I can have it done by next Friday but this is three months work, that is a feat even beyond me.

From here the rest of Friday plays out and soon I am back home after a hefty week.

I eventually pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment